Medicare Part A (Hospital Insurance)
- Helps cover inpatient hospital care.
- Helps cover skilled nursing facility care, hospice, and home health care.
- Patients are responsible for deductible for hospital confinement.
- Patients are also responsible for a co-payment after 20 days of skilled nursing confinement
Medicare Part B (Doctors)
- Helps cover doctors’ services, hospital outpatient care, and home health care.
- Helps cover various preventive services to help maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Help pay for durable medical equipment.
- Patients are subject to yearly deductible under part B.
Medicare Part C (Medicare Advantage Plans) (HMO)
- Medicare advantage plans are health plans run by Medicare-approved private insurance companies. Medicare advantage plans take over your Medicare and include Part A, Part B, and usually other coverage like prescription Drug coverage.
- These plans carry a doctor network and only allow you to see doctors within the plan.
Medicare Part D (Medicare Prescription Drug Coverage)
Part D helps with your prescription drug coverage on different Medicare plans. These plans are offered by insurance companies and private companies that are approved by Medicare.
- Helps cover the cost of prescription drugs.
- May help lower your prescription drug costs and help protect against higher costs in the future.